Return of the Prodigal Son by Pompeo Batoni - 1773

Evolution for the Catholic Student

Order 'Evolution for the Catholic Student' - Click on the image above


Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Day that Lives in Infamy


A Day that Lives in Infamy

Tomorrow, January 22, is the 41st anniversary of the Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision, legalizing abortion on demand.  Catholics are being asked to observe the event with prayer and fasting, as acts of reparation to God, Who is so much offended, and to obtain the grace necessary for our country to protect all human life.

Please consider skipping a meal or denying yourself something this day.  Below is a prayer to end abortion.  May God forgive and heal our nation.

 

Prayer to End Abortion

Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life,
And for the lives of all my brothers and sisters.
I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion,
Yet I rejoice that you have conquered death
by the Resurrection of Your Son.
I am ready to do my part in ending abortion.
Give us, Lord, the grace,
Not to be silent,
Not to be passive,
Not to be forgetful of the unborn.
Please bless the pro-life movement,
Let us never stop defending life
Until all our brothers and sisters are protected,
And our nation once again becomes
A nation with liberty and justice
Not just for some, but for all,
Through Christ our Lord. Amen!